Sky Siouki is making a monthly appearance once again for 2019 at Tobacco Factory Sunday Market! Find me there the second Sunday of each month. With around 40 food & craft stalls, it’s a thriving community market on every Sunday featuring a fabulous range of local produce, prepared, harvested, cooked, baked, designed and made in Bristol.
The wonderful Fox & West deli on Well’s Rd is hosting a pop-up market for local independent artisans to give you a chance to shop for something extra special this Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day is just over a week away, so if you’re a bit of a romantic, or maybe you just want to show your mum or best friend some love, it’s time to get gift hunting! I’m diving into my first markets of the year head-first this weekend and doing one on Saturday AND Sunday, both in Bristol, to give you the best chance of getting your sweetheart a Sky Siouki gift.
On Saturday Feb 10th I will be at Fox & West at 172 Wells Road for their Valentine’s special pop-up market, 9am-5pm, alongside lots of other talented Bristol makers including Yay Rae Flay, Corinne Evans Jewellery, Dakota Rae Dust and Jessica Baldry Designs.
Then on Sunday Feb 11th I will be back at the Tobacco Factory Sunday Market where I will now be making a regular appearance once a month this year. There’s going to be a Wooden Heart Workshop going on in the spirit of Valentine’s Day plus The Brass Disciples will be playing live!
In addition to selling at markets this weekend, I will also have some work available at the launch night of the new Lenten exhibition at The Malago this evening. 5-9pm with free canapes and prosecco, plus a selection of pop-up stalls from the artists with myself included. The preview evening is open to all and myself and curator Tribe Aisthetica want the exhibition to go off with a bang so come along for a mingle!
I have also just produced a new A4 print just in time for Valentine’s! Perfect if you’re after something subtly romantic without being soppy. It is called Chaffinch Pair and not yet available in the online shop so come along to one of the events above if you would like to get your hands on one! If you can’t make it but really desperately want one however please don’t hesitate to shoot me an email.
If I don’t see you, HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY and thanks for keeping up with the blog!
Just love doing a good TOP 5 gift guide! Valentine’s is coming soon so I thought I’d give any male followers of Sky Siouki a heads up on some interesting gifts for her that are a bit further outside of the box than chocolates and flowers. Plus while we’re at it why not keep it ethical because that’s something we should all be striving to keep at the top of our agendas when gift buying.
Also I’m introducing a new little price scale to these posts using pound signs. From £ to £££££. £ being in the £5 and under bracket and £££££ being £100 or more. Happy Valentine’s shopping!
If you do like to get her flowers or plants from time to time then why not get her a beautiful vase to display them in too! This Jade coloured clay vase has a lovely tactile quality about it.
A bit more of a sophisticated take on buying lingerie. This camisole is also available with matching shorts as well as a bra and knickers if you want to go all out to impress. Made of organic cotton it’s sure to feel super soft on her skin.
Green tea and avocado, could this skin cream be any more on trend? But there’s a good reason those detoxifying ingredients are so popular, because they really are super nourishing, and what women doesn’t want to feel nourished at the end of each day?!
If you just want to get something simple that won’t break the bank or go to waste, why not go for something pretty but useful. Most women I know love to keep a notebook on them for all their important list making. There’s a lot of lists to be had in a woman’s life I can tell you! Independent designer Jen Rowland offers a stunning range of stationary in subtle nature inspired designs.
This one’s a good present for showing thoughtfulness. If January’s been a tough month and she’s feeling worn out, something to help her relax and de-stress like this natural warming eye pillow surely can’t fail to impress.
OR if you fancy getting a Valentine’s Day present from Sky Siouki instead, you can find me in Bristol at The Tobacco Factory Sunday Market on Feb 11th! …And if you’re not in Bristol, shop online! Shipping is free if you spend over £20!
Valentine’s Day is coming… it’s inescapable! Love it or hate it it’s somewhat hard to avoid it and although I don’t think it really signifies what love is truly all about, I suppose it’s nice to have an excuse to give and receive presents. You have to admit it makes February a little more exciting than what might otherwise be just another cold and mundane month. So since I’m a big nature fan and as you’ve probably noticed I just love a good bird design, I’ve collated a TOP 5 list of ideas for Valentine’s gifts to give to bird loving girlfriends like myself.
1. Gold Flying Bird Studs by Tin Trunk on Etsy
These vintage love bird earrings are 9ct gold but won’t break the bank! What a treasure, catch them while they’re still available.
2. Swan Lake Wool Scarf by Karen Mabon
Just discovered Karen Mabon’s amazing designs today and it’s safe to say I’m in love with her quirky and delightful style. This one is inspired by the romantic tale of Swan Lake but there are loads of other fantastic designs.
3. Birds in the Dunes Table Mat by Nathalie Lete from Amara
Nathalie Lete’s illustrations are so wonderfully whimsical and often have a slight narrative which I love. I reckon this placemat would go down well with any homeware loving lady.
4. Flamingo Ipad Case by Skinny Dip
Skinny Dip is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. Everything is so shiny and sometimes downright gaudy even yet I can’t help but be drawn to it all like a magpie. These flamingos may be a bit on the kitsch side but they’re just so much fun, what better way to jazz up your iPad I say?!
5. Mute Swan Bone China Mug by Sky Siouki
Last but not least I thought I’d give my own brand a sneaky feature in this one too. Seeing as swans are known as monogamous birds I thought my mute swan mug would make a rather fitting Valentine’s gift. Romantic, but pretty practical too!
Only 9 days until Valentine’s Day already and the countdown is on to find a gift for that beautiful lady or man in your life! I think most of the Valentine’s gifts you see out in the shops tend to be pretty soppy and unoriginal so I thought I’d compile a little TOP 5 list of alternative gift ideas for girlfriends that are a bit more interesting than a box of chocolates or a giant teddy.
1. Sea Flower Artwork by Speckled Wood (available from Nineteen) £50 – This framed laser etched artwork is really beautiful, and very inexpensive for a piece of original art. I love the subtle variations of tone, this would make a wonderful present if you’re looking to spend a little more this year.
2. Red Horse Tea Towel by Mirdinara Kitchen – $24 – This marvellous horse tea towel design has a suggested love theme with it’s use of red and floral patterns without being too lovey dovey.
3. Vase 3 by Karin Blach Nielson (available from Stilleben) DKK. 650,00 – If you’re thinking of buying her flowers why not get her a vase to put them in – something that will last much longer and look beautiful even without flowers in it! This handmade stone vase is one of a kind but there’s a stunning selection of others on the Stilleben website.
4. Litoral Central iPhone Case by Pelham Goods on Etsy £16.95 – Why not go for something a bit more modern and useful! This Etsy shop has a whole array of great phone case designs. I love these cute cacti with pinches of red and pink for a Valentinesy feel.
5. Everyday Gold Foil Set of Pocket Notebooks by Rifle Paper Co. (available from MoonKo) £8.75 – Or even more useful, there’s always something I could do with an extra notebook for and I’m sure I’m not the only girl that loves to use a notebook that looks pretty on the outside. These foil embossed mini books would make a lovely cute and simple gift for girls who like to keep organised!