The countdown is ON… 5 days to go until Christmas day! I’ve finally had a bit of time to sit back a bit more and focus on my own Christmas gift shopping and festive plans. Like every year does, it has crept up so fast hasn’t it?! Somehow I’m always caught out by it though, time’s running a little short for decorating the house now but if you perhaps have lots of guests coming on the big day it seems worth putting in the extra effort to add some handmade finishing touches to the house this week. I think half of the joy is in the making anyway, always gets me in the Christmas spirit of things! So here are my TOP 5 Christmas decor ideas all of which you can make yourself just in time for Christmas!
1. Hanging Gingerbread Biscuits – Love this example in a Scandinavian kitchen where the biscuits have been strung onto a tree branch giving them an extra rustic twist. If you’re after a good gingerbread recipe, this one sounds like a winner to me.
2. Candle Votives – Love the warm glow of a collection of tea-lights all clustered together like this. This display is extra festive with pinecones and reindeer scattered amongst them. There are some lovely glass votives available on Not On The High Street.
3. Paper Garlands – So simples and easy to do, I think decorations like these add a lovely extra cheer to the house hung across mantelpieces or doorways. The gold paper is ideal for Christmas and I love the idea of using mistletoe or moon shapes like these. You can actually buy the moon phases garland but I reckon it’d be super easy to make your own!
4. Handmade Christmas Crackers – This one is a bit more hard work but if you’ve got some extra time off and want to include your own prizes inside than it’s a great little project. In this example they’ve used this gorgeous vintage pattern design and drawn on gold edges. Just beautiful!
5. Wreath Place Cards – I love the natural, rustic style of these. If you’ve got lots of people coming over place names are probably needed so why not make a feature of them?! Really easy to do with this tutorial.
So that’s all 5 of my top Christmas DIY decor ideas for you! All things which can hopefully be done without too much fuss at the last minute. Thank you so much to each and every Sky Siouki customer that has bought a Christmas gift from me this year and I hope all of the recipients love what you’ve got them! A very Merry Christmas!! Love Sky x