Hello and a very happy Hallow’s Eve to you all! I thought I’d make this week’s post a little Halloween themed by featuring creepy crawly inspired designs. I actually really love insect inspired artwork as their often intricate wing patterns and delicate structure make for fascinating subjects to observe.
So I’ve rounded up a little selection of my favourite artwork and products featuring beautifully illustrated insects right here for you to enjoy on the scariest night of the year. Click on the images to visit each designer’s website, or see more details at the bottom of the post.
Top to bottom:
1. Insect Collection by Kasasagi. These amazing handmade sculptures use recycled papers and stitch.
2. Death’s Head Moth Necklace by Red Bird Makes. Unique laser-cut birchwood necklace by a fellow Bristol maker.
3. Beetle Wallpaper by Porter’s Original Paints. Wonderful wallpaper inspired by the Christmas Beetle and available in four different colourways.
4. Botanical Butterfly Tea Towel by Marks & Spencer. This beautiful printed tea towel has a very vintage quality and I love that moss green.
5. Fibre Art by Yumi Okita. Yumi’s handmade textile insects are absolutely stunning and one of a kind!
6. Insect Hybrids by Jess Albert. Incredibly detailed illustrations available as limited edition giclee prints.
7. Set of 3 Beetle Jars by Laura Zindel Design. Printed onto ceramics, these are available in a vast array of other designs and products too.