Time for another TOP 5 feature! Apologies I have to admit I’ve been a little slack with blogging this month whilst trying to get lots of drawing work done (and maybe having a sneaky bit of time off too). But doing these Top 5 lists has fast become my favourite blog topic so I couldn’t miss it before the month is out. This month it’s fruity furnishing fabrics as one last hurrah for the (pretty non-existent) British Summer! I’m a big fruit fan in every sense – I like to eat it, draw it and look at it too, so what better way to celebrate that than to decorate with it. So without further a do here are my favourite five printed fruit designs that I have found…
- Patterned Fruits designs by Hannah Rampley for Candid Fabrics – These colourful, quirky designs are quite bold and graphic featuring stylised pomegranates and pineapples. A great way to add a splash of colour to a muted living space.
- Fruit by William Morris – Going from the most contemporary to the most traditional of my selection, this famous William Morris wallpaper is a classic, featuring beautifully illustrated pomegranates. I believe it’s still available to buy, including as fabric curtains from Linen Fields here.
- Pineapples by Dark Dog Studio – I really love this modern monochrome pineapple design by Hannah Galvin-Horne of Dark Dog Studio, especially used on this vintage chair. I’ve come across the print a lot on Pinterest and it seems to be a big hit but I think the designer is currently still developing an online shop. Find out more about her here.
- Beatrix by Romo – One of my favourite Romo designs, inspired by vintage illustrations but using bright contemporary colour I think this floral design featuring pink berries strikes the perfect balance of traditional vs. modern.
- Pears by Thornback & Peel – There’s not much Thornback and Peel do that I don’t like. Although their rabbits are probably my favourite this pear design has a lovely simplicity and would look stunning upholstered on a chair. The linen it’s printed on has a lovely texture to it as well.