Only 9 days until Valentine’s Day already and the countdown is on to find a gift for that beautiful lady or man in your life! I think most of the Valentine’s gifts you see out in the shops tend to be pretty soppy and unoriginal so I thought I’d compile a little TOP 5 list of alternative gift ideas for girlfriends that are a bit more interesting than a box of chocolates or a giant teddy.
1. Sea Flower Artwork by Speckled Wood (available from Nineteen) £50 – This framed laser etched artwork is really beautiful, and very inexpensive for a piece of original art. I love the subtle variations of tone, this would make a wonderful present if you’re looking to spend a little more this year.
2. Red Horse Tea Towel by Mirdinara Kitchen – $24 – This marvellous horse tea towel design has a suggested love theme with it’s use of red and floral patterns without being too lovey dovey.
3. Vase 3 by Karin Blach Nielson (available from Stilleben) DKK. 650,00 – If you’re thinking of buying her flowers why not get her a vase to put them in – something that will last much longer and look beautiful even without flowers in it! This handmade stone vase is one of a kind but there’s a stunning selection of others on the Stilleben website.
4. Litoral Central iPhone Case by Pelham Goods on Etsy £16.95 – Why not go for something a bit more modern and useful! This Etsy shop has a whole array of great phone case designs. I love these cute cacti with pinches of red and pink for a Valentinesy feel.
5. Everyday Gold Foil Set of Pocket Notebooks by Rifle Paper Co. (available from MoonKo) £8.75 – Or even more useful, there’s always something I could do with an extra notebook for and I’m sure I’m not the only girl that loves to use a notebook that looks pretty on the outside. These foil embossed mini books would make a lovely cute and simple gift for girls who like to keep organised!